Royal Manor of Portland AC (RMPAC) is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation). This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
– Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website, online forms and membership application.
– Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
The information provided to us
We may be provided with information about you from clubs and event processors with which you are registered. That information will include: name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, results, and any coaching or officiating licenses that you hold (Athletics Data).
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about Athletics Events.
- To publish results and other newsworthy items.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviors of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
Our legal bases for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- Transfer of URN, name and date of birth via an API to check licence validation at point of entry to athletics and running events
- Use of an administration portal where a selected number of committee members can access data to help to respond to queries, update data and perform necessary administration activity.
- Providing relevant and necessary information via email, text, post to you about the following: Membership reminders & Club Activities
If you become a registered athlete with EA, we will share your Athletics Data with UK Athletics as part of the administration of your involvement in the sport.
When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our products and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt in to any such communications and will tell you how you can opt-out at any time.
If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time by notifying us.
RMPAC may also share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
If we disclose your information, we ask the organisation to demonstrate that the data will assist in the prevention or detection of crime, or that RMPAC is legally obliged to disclose it.
This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with Data Protection Legislation.
Protecting your information
We may use a third party provider to deliver our e-newsletter. If you consent to us sending you our E-newsletter, we will let you know who the third party provider is at that time.
Service and marketing messages
If you are currently receiving service messages or marketing communications from RMPAC and no longer wish to do so, please let us know by contacting us.
Finding out what information RMPAC holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact the club chairman. You need to provide any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
- Athletics Data: Four years after an individual has not played an active part in the club.
- URN, name and date of birth: This information will be anonymised after the four year period referred to above.
- Results: Where data are published for example, as club records or as part of results, these will be retained as a source of interest.